Faux Batik

For card #3 this weekend, I was looking for ideas for a couple of “anything goes” challenges  when I saw a tutorial on Batik Stamping by Norine Hope. Her cards were so beautiful I immediately wanted to give it a try.  So here is the card that I plan to enter in both the Lavinia World Challenges #44 and The House That Stamps Built - Anything Goes Challenge ~ J621.

 

I used the Altenew Grape Leaves stamp & die set, with Distress Oxide Inks in Tumbled Glass, Iced Spruce, and Weathered Wood. For the embossing I used Versamark ink and Hero Arts White Detail embossing powder.

When done, I attached it to a white A6 card base. I then embossed the Happy Birthday on a strip of vellum and attached it by putting a thin line of glue right on each end of the vellum & sticking it to the card.  Lastly, I added 2 cream color skeleton leaves and some clear rhinestones. 


Thanks for stopping by!
Sandy

Comments

  1. Very pretty, Sandy! I can see why you liked this technique! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Lavinia World Challenge!
    Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome technique!
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at Lavinia World challenges https://laviniaworldchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White