Watercolor Carnations

This is the first of 4 cards I made this weekend. I’m trying to build up my birthday card stash, so all 4 are birthday.

I made this card for the MFT Color Challenge 157. I also plan on entering it in the Lavinia World Challenges #44.


The colors were Summer Splash, Tropical Teal, Kraft, and Milk Chocolate. I’ve been wanting to use my new Cretacolor Aqua Monolith watercolor pencils so I chose an Altenew Carnation stamp that I thought would look pretty in aqua & teal watercolor. 


I stamped the carnations on watercolor paper using Ranger Distress Embossing Glaze in Walnut Stain. Once set, I began coloring using the pencils. As I colored each section, I used a water brush to activate the pencil color & move it around a bit. 


I colored the carnations in shades of aqua & teal and the stems in a moss & grass green. For the background I went around each image in brown and filled in with a tan/ocher color. The larger sections were colored using the side of the “lead” so it would be smoother.

Once all the color was activated and moved around until I liked the way it looked, I set it aside to dry.  Once dry, I used white craft paint mixed with just a little bit of water to add the white splatters. 

The card base is an A6 Kraft and the mat a teal marble-look print. I trimmed the watercolor to fit, put them all together and added a few rhinestones and a sentiment. 


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

  1. Love the color combination- it's a beautiful birthday card. Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card thanks for joining us at lavinia world challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous technique and your card is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Lavinia World Challenge!
    Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at Lavinia World challenges https://laviniaworldchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White