Thanksgiving Fun

 

I recently finished and mailed out my Thanksgiving cards. Whew! These were a lot of work! I had planned on using a different stamp, but didn’t get it in time, so went with the Hello Bluebird Leaf Play stamp and die set that I already had. I also used some pumpkins from a Recollections little Halloween stamp and die set. 

Of course, I’ll be entering some challenges as well, namely: the Simon Says: Happy Holidays challenge, the SugarPea Designs November Meant To Be Sent - Happy Holiday challenge, the Repeat Impressions DCC N420 ~ Pumpkins challenge, and The House That Stamps Built Inspiration Palette Challenge ~ N1820.


Starting with  5”x7” Kraft card bases, and 4.75”x6.75” black mats, I cut 4.5”x6.5” pieces of watercolor paper. I then used the spray starch and Brushos technique, with the orange and lemon colors, to create the backgrounds. I wanted it to be bright and cheerful.

Using MFT Extreme Black, I stamped the images on alcohol ink paper, colored them in, and started die cutting, and cutting, and cutting...  You see, I’d decided I wanted the images the be a little more 3-dimensional, but I didn’t want to use dozens of foam squares on those tiny little images. Instead, I cut extra pieces of every image, except the little leaves, out of tan cardstock; enough to add 2 layers. 

For the ‘thankful’ I used Samantha Craft font on my Cricut and cut a quantity to allow 3 each per card plus extra for damage. I glued them together in 3’s and heat embossed them twice in black. Also using my Cricut, I used Print Then Cut to make the small sentiment strips and the verses I used inside.


Before attaching the background to the base & black mat, I made one more addition. I added a bit of “ground” for the animals to stand on. After tearing a piece of paper in a slight curve, I used it as a template to blend on some Catherine Pooler Sand Castle ink.

Once the background was attached, I started gluing on the animals, sentiments, and leaves. I colored the borders on the inside verses and attached them to finish up.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

  1. What a cute card with the animals playing in the autumn leaves. I am going to have to go look up the brusho and starch technique. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo adorable!!! Super cute scene, and I can see why it took a long time to make!! All that cutting and coloring, wow! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White