Thistle (?) Botanical Card

 Hey, all!  Finished a few more cards that I’ll be posting over the next day or so.  This one was created for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Beautiful Botanicals. I can’t decide if this stamp is thistles or clover of some type, but I really love the design and thought it would be perfect for this challenge. Here’s the finished card:


After stamping the image, I used some metallic markers to add the color, making short little strokes to keep a textured look.  I went back over some parts of the stamped portion with a black jelly pen because the markers covered the black ink. 

Next, I added some splatters using a black watercolor pen.  This didn’t work so well. Once dry the splatters looked pretty weak, so to jazz it up a bit I added some clear glitter.  I used a Zig glue pen to make some sweeping lines that went along side the curvy leaf things and then sprinkled on the glitter.  

After the glue was dry, I added some lavender gems and the sentiment, then attached it to a black card blank.

This card is so much prettier in person! The metallic sheen of the lavender and green, & the sparkle of the glitter, don’t show up that well.  I think some photography classes may be in order, lol. Oh, well. I’m really happy with it. 


Thanks for stopping by!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White