Merry Mice

I simply love the House Mouse stamps from Stampendous. I’m usually not into little critters or cutsey things, but these guys are an exception. I finally got one, “Party Blow Out”.

The MFT Color Challenge 162 used some colors that I thought would work really well with this.


I had a white slimline card base ready, so went with it. 

After stamping the image on alcohol marker cardstock using MFT Extreme Black, I colored it in using Copic markers. I then die cut it using a stitched rectangle die. I also cut some “grass”, using the stem die from a miniature poppy die set, in a light green.

Next, I cut a chiffon yellow mat and ran it through my Cricut Cuttlebug twice using the Cuttlebug Kaleidoscope embossing folder, carefully lining up the design for the second run so it would be long enough.

I then blended some Catherine Pooler Coral Cabana, Lime Rickey, and Limoncello inks on a scrap of white cardstock and die cut some balloons. After cutting a small piece of white & tan butcher’s twine, I separated the strands and glued one each on the back of several balloons. Next I glued the balloons on the design.

I attached the yellow mat and mouse design to the white card base, then glued on a layered sentiment I had created earlier and not used. I didn’t think any bling was called for on this one, so left it as is.  


This is so cute, I think I’ll enter it in the Altenew March Inspiration Challenge and Simon Says: Spring/Easter Mood Board too!




Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White