Springtime Camellias

I finally finished the Easter/Spring cards I made to send out to family & friends. They’re definitely Spring cards now since they’re too late otherwise!



I used the Altenew Camellia Outline stamp to emboss the design in gold on 5”x7” watercolor paper, then colored in the design using Cretacolor Aqua Monolith Watercolor Pencils. After using a water brush to activate and move the color, l let them dry then cut the sheets vertically above & below the design without cutting through it. On the other side of the design I cut all the way down set off a bit. After fussy cutting the outer portion of the Camellias that extends over the line, I embossed the sentiments in gold.

On plain white cardstock, cut to size, I inked a bokeh design using Distress Oxide Tattered Rose, Iced Spruce, Hickory Smoke, Weathered Wood, and Hero Arts Unicorn.

For the interior, I used Cricut Print Then Cut to add text to the frames & size them to fit. After spraying them with a fixative, and letting them dry, I colored them with Copic markers. Afterwards I fussy cut them and cut coordinating mats.

After attaching all the mats, bokeh designs, and verses, I used foam tape to attach the Camellias & added some rhinestones.

I plan to enter this in the Simon Says: Layer It challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

  1. Very pretty!! I like the fun cutting technique and your fabulous bokeh background! Fun sentiment inside, as well. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - love your ink blending colors as one of your layers, and the bokeh background is very nice. Love the sentiment as well. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White