Vellum Flowers

The colors for the MFT Color Challenge 159

and the SugarPea Designs Clear Stamp - Mix It Up Challenge #76


are almost identical and I wanted to make something special for my nieces birthday, so when I saw this tutorial by Jennifer McGuire I thought they would combine really well.


I began by cutting vellum and lavender cardstock, making the vellum 3/8” longer than the lavender and creasing it at the point that would make them the same length. Using my Cricut, I also cut a piece of white cardstock 2.75” x  7”, creasing it halfway down, and had a verse & frame drawn on. I also cut 2 thin frames of lavender that would fit around the folded card.

Using the Picket Fence Peony Bouquet stamp set, I silver embossed a whole peony flower in the middle of the vellum. Next I embossed peony blooms around the rest of the page with Lindy’s Gang Magic Moon Pearl embossing powder. Once set, I colored in the central peony using Copic markers. I also silver embossed the sentiment on a strip of lavender.

I glued the vellum & lavender card together, folding the vellum over the top, and attached the white card to the lavender part on the inside (as a top fold card). I put a strip of lavender on the back to cover the vellum, then glued the frames and sentiment on the front.


Here’s my version. Not as good as Jennifer’s, but not bad either.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White