Boho Poppy

 This is the 3rd card I finished last weekend.  It was created for the MFT Color Challenge 148. The colors to be used were Grout Gray, Steel Grey, Orange Zest, and Blueberry.  Orange and blue make me think of poppies and I have a collage-style poppy stamp that I thought would work well.  I decided to use a printed paper mat and found a sheet in my stash that had a really interesting yellow, orange, & blue tile print. Score!

Here’s the card:


After stamping the image using MFT Extreme Black, I colored it in using alcohol markers. I used a pale gray marker around the outside of the image and blended it out.  

I cut the stamped and printed card stocks using 2 sizes of double-stitched rectangles (Heffy Doodle). I wrapped a few lengths of navy-and-white butcher’s twine around the stamped mat and then attached both to a navy blue card base using Tombow MONO Adhesive Dots. 

After adding a few blue sequins using glue, I tied a small sentiment tag on using another piece of twine.

A little different but kind of cute, I think.  It definitely has a Boho vibe.

Thanks for stopping by!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White