Hot, Hot, Hot...

This card was created using the Stampin Up “Poppy Moments” die set. It’s one of my favorites! I’m entering it in the DRU Challenge #151 - Baby It's Hot Outside and the HERO CHALLENGE #13 - Creativebug Inspiration.


I took a sheet of dark red damask print cardstock and cut a mat using a Heffy Doodle Imperial Stitches rectangle, then cut a design in 2 corners with the Poppy Moments multiple poppy die.  

Next I cut the poppy backgrounds using alcohol ink paper, the poppy outlines in black, the centers in yellow, and the leaves in 2 shades of green.  Using red, red-orange, orange, & blender alcohol markers I colored the poppy backgrounds. I added some yellow-gold marker to the flower centers and medium green  marker to the light green leaves, then glued the parts together.

The “smile” was previously cut in both white & black cardstock using my Cricut Maker. I used red-orange & yellow alcohol markers on the white, then glued them together so the black makes a slight shadow.

The mat & poppy segments were attached to a black card base using a Tombow tape dot runner & the smile attached using glue. 


Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White