Masculine Card #2

 Ok. Here is the second masculine birthday card I made.  This one has more of a nautical theme.  I made it so it could also be entered in the Simon Says: Grunge It Up challenge, as well as the Stamping Sensations August Make it Masculine challenge.

First, I used a stitched rectangle die to cut a mat of map paper and used Catherine Pooler Sand Castle ink with a dauber to smudge the outer edges.  Next I embossed a double globe on it in gold (Moxy metallic gold) from an astronomy stamp set
.
I cut the globe using a die from a travel set and then embossed it twice using Ranger embossing ink and Lindy’s Stamp Gang Groovy Granite embossing powder.

The ship was stamped on gray cardstock using the Sand Castle ink, and embossed with Nuvo Clear Fine Detail embossing powder.  I wasn’t sure the Catherine Pooler dye ink would work, but it did!  I then used a clear embossing Pen to draw waves underneath & embossed it with the Groovy Granite embossing powder. The rope stamp, from the same set, I embossed the same as the globe. Once dry I cut them out.

After die cutting 2 of the Happy Birthdays & gluing them together, I embossed them twice with gold.  

I used a piece of twine & tied double knots approximately every inch, then glued it to the card. After gluing on several buttons, the Happy Birthday, & attaching mini & regular brads, I added the ship, globe, & rope using foam squares. 

Ta da!  Is this grunge enough?  I hope so!

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. Such an unusual card with so much dimension, many thanks for for joining our 'Masculine' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful stylish and elegant masculine card. Lovely details and dimensions. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White