Pink & Silver Flowers

For the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 502, I decided to try one of the die sets I haven’t used yet. It has 2-layer flowers in 3 different sizes so would be ideal. Here’s the sketch:

I cut the flowers in silver & pink shimmer paper, then used Catherine Pooler Pink Champagne ink to shade the centers. After gluing the layers together I connected them using pearl-head brads. I also cut some green leaves, a brown branch, and a stitched square in a greenish-brown wood grain paper using other dies in my stash.


The card base was a dark rose. For the primary mat I used Lindy’s Magicals in Salt Water Taffy, which I blended with water then kind of blotched on with crumpled Saran wrap. Since I used regular cardstock it got a bit too wet, so I blotted it a bit with some paper towel, let it dry, and pressed it under a book for a bit. Then I used a finger dauber to add Delicata Silver around the edges.

Finally I glued it all together and added a few pink pearls and a tag with a pink & white butcher’s twine bow.

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White