Red Sunflower

This card I made in response to 2 different challenges.  There was a good overlap of the colors for both. 

For the MFT Color Challenge 147 I needed to use Whip Cream, Lemon Drop, Persimmon, and Milk Chocolate colors. For the DRU Challenge #151 - Baby It's Hot Outside I needed to use hot colors (reds, oranges, yellows) and at least 1 die cut.

Since I just received the “Face the Sun” stamp by Picket Fence Studios. and was excited to use it (gorgeous!), I decided it would work for both challenges.

Here’s the card:

I started with a gold card base & cut a mat from a dark red pin dot paper using a Heffy Doodle Imperial Stitches rectangular die. Then, after stamping the sunflower on alcohol ink paper using MFT Extreme Black ink and coloring it in with alcohol markers, I fussy cut it. I attached it using foam squares to add dimension, & glued on the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White