Autumn Kitty

A few challenges have come up using similar colors: Creative Confetti - Colors of Fall!; The House That Stamps Built - Inspiration Palette Challenge; & the MFT Color Challenge 150. Woo hoo! One card, three entries. So here’s what I came up with.


The Painted Harvest stamp & die set from Stampin Up is retired, but I found a used set on ebay for a good price, so what better to use for these colors?  

For the background I applied a light layer of Catherine Pooler Garden Party to white cardstock, spritzed it with water, & dried it quickly with my heat gun. Next I stamped the 2 layer fern-type leaf in Melon Ice & Lime Rickey, then attached it to a Kraft card base.

On another piece of white cardstock I stamped 2 of the leaf sets with Sage & Spruce, one flower with Limoncello & Shea Butter, one with Shea Butter & Tiara, and one with Bellini & Orange Peel. For the centers I used Sahara Sand and Memento Espresso Truffle. I then cut them all using the coordinating dies.

I also cut 2 layers using a Happy Birthday die and the cat using my Cricut.  Next I attached the 2 yellow flowers directly on the background mat, and the orange flower & leaf sets using foam dots.  I glued  the 2 Happy Birthday layers together, and attached them and the cat.

After applying Glossy Accents on the sentiment and leaf sets, I used a Stella Wink clear shimmer pen on the flower petals and background leaves, and added 3 orange sequins.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

  1. I love your bright and sunny fall flowers and the leaves in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the font on the sentiment! And the gold finishes off the card perfectly! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White