Belated Birthday

Yikes! I missed a birthday! It wasn’t on my calendar (it is now, with reminders) but I still feel terrible. So, since I was going to make a card for the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 506, I now had a subject. Here’s what I came up with.


I created the background using a mica spray, Brusho, & Saran Wrap technique as shown in this great video by Eileen Godwin. I used blue & purple Brushos, and silver & gold mica sprays that I mixed up myself.

Once it was dry I stamped 3 sizes of daisies from a set in my stash. For each one, I began my inking a stamp with Versamark Ink and then added on top some Catherine Pooler Sand Castle Ink in the middle and Juniper Mist on the outer edges. Once stamped, I covered it with Nuvo Clear Fine Detail Embossing Powder and heated it. I repeated with the other 2 stamps. Once everything was set, I cut it to size using a stitched rectangular die.

A while ago I cut some lace pieces from cardstock with my Cricut Maker so I’d have them to use whenever. I took one and heat embossed it 3 times with Stampendous Silver Embossing Powder.

The sentiment is from the Taylored Expressions Simple Strips stamp & die. These are great! You stamp &/or emboss one time, use one die, and end up with a variety of 18 sentiment strips. I totally plan on getting all of them.

I put it all together on a navy card base & added 4 navy pearls. For once, I didn’t overdo it, lol.


Thanks for stopping by!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White