Doodles & Scribbles

 Here is the card I just finished for the Simon Says: Oodles Of Doodles challenge. I think it’s a bit much & would have looked better without the silver marker, but that’s how we learn...


I took a piece of watercolor paper and sponged on 8 colors of Catherine Pooler ink: Shea Butter, Orange Peel, Coral Cabana, Be Mine, Pixie Dust, Suede Shoes, All That Jazz, and Lime Rickey.  I was going for a rainbow effect. After the inks were dry, I used a water brush with fresh water to smear around and add some drips and drops to each section one at a time, drying in between.  

After touching up a few spots and drying again, I added the Stampendous “Ranunculous Field” stamped with MFT Extreme Black ink.  This is where a stamping platform would have come in handy. I really would have liked the image to be darker and would have restamped it another time or two but I used what I had. Once the ink was dry I used alcohol markers to add some additional color to the flowers, keeping with the color scheme of the underlying ink.

Using a black rollerball pen, I sketched a couple of lines, with a few hashes, around the outside to add a frame. I then used a silver marker to add some silvery shadows around the flowers. The “embrace the day” sentiment is from the Picket Fence “Face the Day” stamp set.  After using the roller ball pen to go back over parts of the stamp, I drew some glue lines around the flowers and stems with my zig glue pen, and sprinkled on some fine clear glitter. 

Lastly, I attached it to a yellow card blank using my trusty Tombow MONO adhesive roller.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White