Golden Globe

This card was created for the DRU Challenge #153 - One For The Boys. In my opinion, masculine card ideas are always more difficult to find than feminine cards, that’s one reason I purchased the Stampin Up Beautiful World Bundle. I also stuck to neutral colors.


Using black cardstock, I cut a card base, a 2 3/8” x 5” mat, and 2 die cut Happy Birthdays. Then with metallic gold I cut a 2 5/8” x 5 1/4” mat, a die cut Happy Birthday, and a die cut lace strip. 

Using a piece of pale greenish-blue wave print scrap of paper, I stamped a globe with MFT Extreme Black. I cut it out using the circle die from the set, and cut the stand with the die on white cardstock.

Next, I used a black Ranger embossing pen to color the continents on the globe, & embossed them with Stampendous fine detail black embossing powder. I embossed the stand using using 2 layers of Versamark and Lindy’s Stamp Gang Groovy Granite.

The small piece of black cardstock I embossed with the compass from the set using more Versamark and Wow! Gold embossing powder. I ended up doing it again because the embossing came out blurry & clumpy. I’ve definitely decided that I need to get fine detail gold and silver embossing powders. The Wow! regular seems to clump up too much, even when I use an embossing buddy. I have the Nuvo in clear & really like it, so I think I’ll give it a try.

I glued the globe & stand together, the 3 Happy Birthdays together with the gold on top, and the gold & black mats. Last, I attached them all to the base & trimmed the edges of the lace strip.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

  1. A beautiful birthday card with globe! And, love all the touches of gold! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White