More Poppies!

I do love poppies: in real life, stamped, die cut... so it wasn’t a tough decision to pull out my Poppy Moments dies again when I saw the colors chosen for the MFT Color Challenge 149Jellybean Green, Natural, Coral Crush, and Tangy Orange. I also made this card so I could enter it in the Simon Says Monday Challenge: Frame It


I used orange, coral, and white paper to cut out the poppies and then added some shading using some finger daubers and Catherine Pooler ink in Bellini and Orange Peel.  I cut the leaves in 2 shades of green and used CP Sage ink on the top layer. The centers were cut in black cardstock.

For the frame, I used tan/natural linen cardstock, and used 2 sizes of stitched rectangular dies to cut 2 frames. This also left me with 2 smaller stitched mats. From the same sheet I made a card blank using my Cricut Maker.  Doing it again, I would have just cut the frames using my Maker as well, since the stitching  created difficulty when it came to the embossing.

I glued the 2 frames together and used Lindy’s Stamp Gang Golden Pumpkin embossing powder to coat the resulting thicker frame 5 or 6 times. The stitching did not look good when embossed, so I kept adding layers until it was covered up. It did end up with a nice rustic metallic look, so I’m happy with the result.

Finally, I took one of the smaller tan mats and, after gluing each of the poppies together, attached the 4 darker poppies and 2 leaves to it and trimmed off the excess with scissors.  I left the ends of the leaves loose so they could sit on top of the frame. I then added the frame and final poppy, using foam dots to add dimension, and attached the sentiment strips. 

So there you have it.  I really do love how the frame came out! 


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White