Purple Proteas

I wanted to use my Hero Arts Protea Flowers stamp & die set, eager to do some coloring, and my new Taylored Expressions Play The Angle stencil. They would work well to make a card for the DRU Challenge #160 - Anything Goes and the Simon Says: Something New challenges. I haven’t had a chance to use my Distress Oxide Inks for stenciling yet and I felt it would make a good background for the flowers. Here’s the card:


Using Distress Oxide Dusty Concord & Shaded Lilac with the stencil, I blended them onto a piece of white cardstock.  Next, I stamped the Protea Flowers on a scrap of white cardstock using MFT Extreme Black and colored them in with Copic markers. I then cut them out using the coordinating dies.

I cut the happy birthday sentiment using Script Word dies from The Ton on white paper and colored them with a Copic Marker.  Next I cut a mat from a purple print paper. I attached the protea flowers using foam tape, glued on the sentiment, and put everything together on an A6 white card base. After adding some light green rhinestones I was done.

Isn’t it pretty? I’m really happy with this one. I think I’ll also enter it in the January Get Creative Challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White