The Blues

Tic-tac-toe challenges are so much fun!  For the Creative Confetti: Tic Tac Toe Challenge I chose a diagonal row with: use a background stamp, use the color blue, and use twine. Since I had just made a card using the Jacob’s Coat technique, which is just a variation of the Trapped Emboss Resist technique, and had been thinking about how pretty is would be to make a more monochromatic version, I had my idea.

I’m sending this to my dad, so I’ll also be entering it in the Sugar Pea Designs September Meant To Be Sent challenge.



On the bottom layer I used Catherine Pooler Stone Blue, Suede Shoes, and Juniper Mist ink. I then stamped over it with my Inkadinkadoo Flourish stamp using Versamark, and embossed it with Nuvo clear fine detail powder. Using a sponge roller, I covered it with Black Jack ink and buffed the excess off the embossed portions with a paper towel.

I wrapped blue twine around it 3 times and tied it together in front with a steel button. Next I added 4 blue pearls and a sentiment strip.

I used gray blue cardstock to make the card blank, and cut a mat from a blue tinged wood print paper. I think it’s masculine enough for a guy, and without fishing, sports, or boats! Yay!


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White