Trapped Emboss Resist Card

I used the Trapped Emboss Resist technique to create this card for the Simon Says: Anything Goes card challenge.


For the trapped emboss resist technique I followed this great tutorial from Jennifer McGuire.

I started with a piece of smooth white cardstock, approximately 6” square, and blended on 3 shades of Catherine Pooler ink: Samba, Orange Peel, and Bellini.  Next I stamped it using the Power Poppy XL Chrysanthemum with a Tsukineko embossing pad, and embossed it with a Nuvo clear embossing powder.  

Once the embossing was set, I blended Tsukineko Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink over the top and rubbed the ink off the embossing.  After cutting it using a double-stitched rectangular die and my Cuttlebug, I attached it to a white mat & Orange/peach card blank. 

After stamping the sentiment in black, also from the XL Chrysanthemum stamp set, I attached a chrysanthemum flower design, cut using my Maker, and some little gold pearls. 

I love this technique & plan to experiment with different inks, etc. 

Thanks for stopping by!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White