Autumn Sunset Colors

Here again I combined 2 different challenges and created a card to fit both: the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 512 and The House That Stamps Built - Inspiration Palette Challenge - O2120. By mixing the sketch from one with the colors from the other, this is the card I came up with.


First, I made a base from gray cardstock and cut a piece of white 4 1/4” x 2 1/2” . I used Versamark ink to stamp the piece of white cardstock using a wavy background stamp and embossed it in silver. Next I blended Catherine Pooler Bellini and Tiara inks onto it and buffed the top with a microfiber cloth to remove the ink from the embossing.

Next I used the Simon Says Love Tokens stamp & die set to stamp the ring sentiments with Versamark ink and embossed them in white. After stamping the center portion in black ink on butter yellow cardstock, I die cut them all using the coordinating dies. Then I went back over the embossing with a white gelli pen where some of it was damaged during cutting. Next time I think I’ll do the ring portions the opposite: cut then stamp.

After attaching everything to the card base using art glitter glue and a Tombow tape runner, I added some rhinestones.

I also decided to enter this in the Simon Says: Layer It Up card challenge as well.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

  1. Great card! I really like the embossed panel; so pretty! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White