Boo!

I was so excited to make Halloween cards for the first time! The problem was deciding which of the many adorable stamps to use, but I just fell in love with Hello Bluebird’s Little Haunters. They are so cute! 

There are a few challenges I will be entering them in:  the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Spooky, the Stay Crafty With Hero challenge - Fall & Halloween, the DRU Challenge #155 - Boo!, and the Sugar Pea Designs October Meant To Be Sent Challenge - Fall Holiday theme.

I wanted a dark forest background, and it was a lot of work to create, but I love how it came out. Here is the finished card (I made 8 of them).


For the background I started with a 3 3/4” x 5 3/4” piece of white cardstock (these are 4x6” cards). I had some of the resist spray left from last week so I spritzed it on, dried it with my heat tool, then added some CP Twilight in a half circle on the bottom middle of the card using a sponge blending tool. I then spritzed again, dried, and added CP Stone Blue around the gray. I repeated these steps, moving outward, using CP Juniper Mist and then CP Spruce. The Spruce I didn’t take over the top, just up the sides & top corners, and then along the bottom. 

After all my ink and splatters were dry, I masked off the sides with 3/4” blue painter’s tape, and using the row of trees stamp from the Stampin’ Up Winter Woods set, I stamped it across the top of the card. I used a stamping platform and took 2 passes with it, moving it over the second time, since it didn’t go all the way across the card. After carefully removing the painter’s tape, I stamped each side using the tree trunks from the set. I used MFT Extreme Black for the stamping.

Here’s how it came out.

Next I stamped all the characters, pumpkins, & spider, again using MFT Extreme Black, on alcohol ink paper cut to fit my Cuttlebug and making sure to leave enough room in-between each so I could add the dies later. I colored them in using alcohol ink markers and then die cut them.

I also die cut some branches from black cardstock using a Memory Box Woodland Branch die.

Using my Cricut Maker I cut out the word ‘Boo!’ from black cardstock and used the Print & Cut feature to make the inside sentiment. 

I’ll be posting a tutorial on using Print & Cut for card making later on. I’m still playing around with it a bit but it’s proving to be a great addition to my repertoire.


Also using my Cricut, I cut and scored the card bases from orange cardstock, which I then spattered with CP Black Jack and Mandarin Spice ink on both sides. 

I put everything together with Art Glitter Glue and a Tombow tape runner. 


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy









Comments

  1. OH WOW this is so cute Sandy! Did you know there's a new Anything Halloween Challenge Blog just opened? Be sure to check it out and we'd love to have you join us! TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
    Darlene - Co-owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the scene you created. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White