Layered Mandala

For the Simon Says: Layer It Up challenge, what better to use than a layered mandala? I’ve had this SVG pattern for a while & decided this was a perfect time to use it. It also worked great for the Power Poppy Creative Confetti: Sketch It Out! challenge. Here’s my card.



Using my Cricut Maker, I cut the mandala layers from black, charcoal, medium gray, light gray and white cardstock. I then cut a piece of light gray cardstock to 4” x 2 5/8” and the card base from a darker gray.  Next I die cut the Happy Birthday from black cardstock and heat embossed it.

After assembling the mandala, I glued all the components together and added some black rhinestones. 

Unfortunately, the glue on the “Birthday” smeared and I wasn’t able to remove it with my rubber eraser like normal. I’ll probably take off the mandala and redo the rest when I have a chance. I do like the look of this card but maybe I’ll use a smaller Happy Birthday die next time so I can center the mandala better. 


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White