Mum w/ Falling Leaves

Here is a card I made for 2 different challenges: the Pinkfresh Studio October Challenge - Fall/Autumn and the My Favorite Things Stamps - Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 511. I also decided to decorate the envelope and enter it in the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Make A Card + Decorate An Envelope To Match as well.

At first I had a difficult time figuring out how to use the colors in the Pinkfresh challenge (a medium blue, blush, teal, beige, & a goldish-tan) with a fall/autumn theme, but decided to use a blush chrysanthemum with dried leaves, and add falling leaves in the other colors. Here’s what I came up with.


I started by creating a background using splatters of Catherine Pooler Stone Blue, Daydream, and Sand Castle on white cardstock, embossed it using a Hot Off The Press Falling Leaves folder. and then die cut it with a stitched rectangle to fit my card. 

It’s difficult to see the embossing on the background, so here’s a closeup. I really like the added texture and context it adds.




After stamping the Mondo Chrysanthemum & leaves from Ellen Hutson on alcohol marker paper and coloring them in, I then die cut them using the coordinating dies. 

I used a wood grain embossing folder to emboss scraps of teal and blue paper and then trimmed them to fit. Finally I cut a number of small leaves of various colors using a Marianne Design Craftables Autumn Leaves die.

I attached everything to a blush card base, used a Zig Shimmer Pen on the chrysanthemum, and added a sentiment strip.

For the envelope, I embossed the flap with the wood grain folder, highlighted it with the Zig pen. and glued on some of the little leaves. On the front I stamped the Mondo Chrysanthemum off the corner with CP Rose Petal ink and again used the Zig pen.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy



Comments

  1. What a lovely card and envelope, Sandy! I love the color combo! Thank your for sharing with us at Lavinia World!
    Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Fall card. Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fall card thanks for joining us at Lavinia World

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White