Steampunk Giraffe

I didn’t have time to make a blog posting for this card in time for the challenge, so  just posted it on my Instagram account. This was my second entry for the Simon Says Monday Steampunk challenge.  I used another graphic from Etsy, this time a giraffe. She’s so cute!


I used the Cricut Print then Cut feature on my laser printer with Hammermill Premium Color Copy Cover 80lb Cardstock, and then sprayed on a layer of Americana® Acrylic Spray Sealer / Finisher in Gloss.  This prevents the toner from smudging and allows some basic coloring, although you do need to be careful. 

I colored in the giraffe with alcohol markers and embossed the goggles with Versamark ink and Recollections silver detail embossing powder.  Next I used watercolor pens in 2 shades of blue, swooshed them around using a water brush, then sprinkled on some Brushos in Ultramarine & Turquoise.  

Once this was dry I put it upside down on some waxed paper, lightly spritzed it, then put down some more waxed paper and a book to flatten it out. After a couple of hours, I removed it and left it in the air to dry.

Once dry, I attached it to a black mat and a Kraft card blank. I used a Zig Wink of Stella clear glitter brush and added some swirls in the background, attached some light blue crystals, and a sentiment strip. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White