Aqua Snowflake

Just a quick note about my latest card, which I made for the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 514 and the Simon Says: Thinking Of You challenge. I ended up having to redo things a number of times & change my plans somewhat, but that’s what keeps it interesting isn’t it? Here’s what I ended up with.


I took a  2 1/2” x 5 1/2” piece of white cardstock & embossed it in white with a Hero Arts Snowflake Bold Print stamp. I then blended Catherine Pooler It’s A Boy ink over the top, which is where I ran into one problem. Rather than a baby blue color, the ink was a pale aqua. I had already cut out the layered snowflake using bluer colors and a card base of a dusty medium blue, so I cut a new card base of a pale aqua/mint green shade, and went over the stamped piece with Brilliance Moonlight White ink to tone it down. 

I had planned on cutting strips of snowflakes attached together like a ribbon but couldn’t get any of my designs to cut well, so I cut several strips of vellum instead.

In spite of everything, it did turn out pretty I think.


Thanks for stopping by.

Sandy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White