Embossing Hits & Misses - Part 2

So the story continues...

Next up is the card I made for the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 515. Here is the sketch.


I decided to do something I thought was clever (& it still might work with better stamp/color choices & execution). Instead of using different colors of paper or elements, I would emboss the whole page, cut it into pieces to match the sketch, and ink blend them in 4 different shades of the same color. I would then reassemble it on a backer mat & glue it together, kind of like a jigsaw puzzle.


It’s a busy mess, I know. To begin with, this was a poor choice of stamps  The brocade was just too busy and irregular. It didn’t stamp clean and, so, didn’t emboss clean. The colors were too close, so it was difficult to see the differences. I then tried to save it by adding on a couple of die cut flowers, which didn’t work. Also again: ink first, embossing second, use an embossing buddy. 

Finally, my fourth card was one I made for MFT Stamps -The Birthday Project - *POP* Goes the Birthday. On this one the mistakes were in the format (should have stuck to an A2) and the materials.


I die cut a number of balloons in white and one in red. I also die cut the Happy Birthday in red and white. The backer was cut from heavy cardstock. It’s not yellow, as it may appear in the picture, it’s white, just not bright white like the balloons, so I didn’t get the monochrome look I was going for. I also wasn’t happy with the red cardstock, it would have looked nicer if I had used a better quality. Materials matter!


So, that’s all folks!  Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White