Embossing Hits & Misses

I made 4 new cards this weekend, and I hate to say that only one turned out well. I did a lot of white embossing and it seems to be a bit pickier than anticipated. 

The first card was for the Simon Says: Remembrance/Thinking Of You challenge. I decided to go with my big flourish stamp embossed in white with a background of tan blending into turquoise.


Not only was the embossing messy, but the blending did not turn out well at all. The cards I saw that I was inspired by had taken a pen of some sort and added sketching to the flourish. It really added to the look. However, my pen was too fat. Lessons: do the ink blending first so you have better control, don’t forget to use your embossing buddy, and don’t try sketching on an embossed image with an alcohol ink marker (I’m not sure what to use yet, but I’ll be researching it).


My second card was for the Lavinia World Challenges #39 - Anything Goes. This is the one card I ended up liking. I used the Saran Wrap method, but instead of ink, I used my Cosmic Shimmer watercolors. 



Before I did that, however, I embossed it with a Hero Arts Snowflakes Big Bold stamp. I love this stamp! Don’t be surprised if you see a lot of it over the next month or two. Anyway, after I took off the Saran Wrap and dried it some more with my heat gun, I used a slightly damp paper towel to remove the paint from the embossed image.

I cut a reindeer image using my Cricut Maker, embossed it twice in white, and glued it on. I decided to add some silver touches, so I took a Krylon silver leafing pen and went around the edges. I also added the silver leafing to the sentiment strip. I then added some silver cord, added a few lavender rhinestones, and then attached it to a lavender card base.

The last 2 I’ll put in my next entry.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White