Goodbye Mum

I needed a goodbye card for a woman at work who was leaving for another job. Chrysanthemums are fall flowers and so seemed to be fitting for the occasion.  I made a 4”x6” card so there would be more room for people to sign. 


After blending Catherine Pooler Grass Skirt on a piece of white cardstock, I stamped it with Versamark ink using the largest fern in the Moodtape Ferns & Leaves stamp set & embossed it with Nuvo Fine Detail clear powder. I then blended Hero Arts Unicorn White ink over it and buffed it with a microfiber cloth.

Next I stamped Power Poppy Chrysanthemum XL on some alcohol ink marker paper and colored it in with my markers. I fussy cut it and the falling petals out with scissors and an x-acto knife.

I blended the front of a 4”x6” white card blank with Catherine Pooler Pixie Dust and attached the backing with a Tombow tape runner. I attached the chrysanthemum with foam squares and glued on the petals.

There was too much space at the bottom so I took a piece of white grosgrain ribbon, cut it slightly larger than the width of the card, then folded and glued the ends over so it fit. After attaching it to the card base I added some small violet rhinestones and the sentiments.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

  1. Very pretty!! Love that fabulous background! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White