Shimmery Flowers

For the MFT Stamps Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 513, I wanted to try my new Cosmic Shimmer Watercolors. These colors are so amazing! They’re rich and have a gorgeous shimmer. 


I have the Antique Shades set, which has some really pretty greens, mauves, and purples, so I thought a flower bouquet stamp would work well. Here’s the finished card.


After embossing the stamp in gold on watercolor cardstock, I painted it using the Cosmic Shimmer set and buffed it a bit with a microfiber cloth to uncover the embossing. I then die cut it using a stitched rectangle.  

I had a leftover piece of cardstock that I had blended completely over with Tsukineko Brilliance ink in Galaxy Gold and then decided not to use. However, I thought it would work well for this project, bringing out the embossing, so I die cut it with a larger stitched rectangle. 

Once I attached the flower card at an angle using a Tombow tape runner (I like the pink one), I trimmed off the excess and attached it to a dusty rose card base.  I then added some pink rhinestones and a small sentiment. I’m thinking I’ll change out the black sentiment strip with a white one once I get some made up.

The whole thing is so shimmery & pretty! I’m also going to enter it in the Simon Says: Anything Goes Wednesday challenge & the The House That Stamps Built  - Anything Goes Challenge ~ O2820.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy



Comments

  1. This is so gorgeous!! I love all the shimmer and shine! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White