Christmas 2020

When I first saw the Colorado Craft Co. Big & Bold Holiday Ornament stamp, I knew I had found my 2020 Christmas card! I am loving their whole Big & Bold line, the designs are awesome. 


I wasn’t sure what I was going to do, except to emboss it in gold, then I saw a video on Scrapbook.com by Libby of Hero Arts, about their glimmer inks. They would be perfect to color it in!

An ornament needs to hang from a tree so, after some searching, I found this Pine Bough Background stamp by Taylored Expressions.



I wanted to use dark green cardstock and found a reasonable Timber Green cardstock with matching envelopes at Cardstock Warehouse

With a dark green card base and main mat, I decided to use a shimmer gold cardstock in-between to coordinate with the gold embossed ornament. I used LUXPaper gold metallic 80 lb. text.

I was making 5”x7” cards (A7) so I cut the gold paper to 4.75”x6.75” and the Timber Green to 4.5”x6.5”.  

I  needed a way to make the pine boughs stand out, so, since I was already embossing the ornament, I decided to emboss them in a metallic green. I found a Moxy metallic evergreen embossing powder that looked perfect. 

For the sentiment I found a set of dies on Amazon. Since I had so much green & gold already, I wanted something that would stand out a little more. I cut the background of the sentiment in the shimmer gold and the words themselves in red, which I then embossed using Lindy's Stamp Gang Candy Cane Red Gold

First I embossed the pine boughs and then the ornament, which I then painted using the glimmer inks. I then cut the sentiment shadow & words, and embossed the words.

After putting everything together, this is how it turned out.


I’m really happy with them! I’ll show you the inside tomorrow. 


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy







Comments

  1. Very pretty!! All the embossing is fabulous and the rich colors make it look really elegant! Thank you for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - all the embossing really makes everything stand out. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card looks so wonderful! Love the pretty gold shine! Thanks for entering into SugarPea Designs Mix It Up Challenge! DT Tatiana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White