Lace & Plaid

For the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 525 I remembered an old lace cutting die that I have that I could use to make the stripes. Then I decided to use a Simon Says Crackle stamp for the background, which would also make this card a fit for the Simon Says: Make Your Own Background challenge. In addition, I figured I’d use up the rest of that sheet of plaid paper from my last card.



I blotted Distress Oxide Aged Mahogany and Tea Dye inks randomly on the Crackle stamp and stamped it on white cardstock. Next I die cut the lace strips from burgundy cardstock and cut a mat of the plaid paper.

On a small piece of the plaid paper I heat embossed Happy Birthday using Stampendous Aged Scarlet Frantage Embossing Enamel. I then cut it to a good size.

I attached the mats to a white card base, then glued on & trimmed the lace strips. After attaching the sentiment I glued on a wooden button. 


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White