Navy & Red Tiles

When I saw the design for the MFT Stamps - Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 523 I immediately thought of the Stampin’ Up Today’s Tiles stamp set. I’m trying to make more men’s and neutral birthday cards, so using red and blue would work well.

Here is the card I came up with:



After stamping the tiles using Catherine Pooler Juniper Mist and Rouge, I cut them out and adhered to a navy print paper. Next I cut out the birthday sentiment and the paisley design (from the Stampin‘ Up Paisleys & Posies stamp set) and embossed them twice with Ranger Navy Blue embossing powder. I adhered them to the card top. 

After adhering a mat cut from a red & white striped paper to a white card base, I used foam tape to add the blue card top to add some dimension. 

Not bad.  I’m also going to enter this into the Simon Says: Something New challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

  1. Fabulous card! I think it would definitely work for either masculine or feminine. The colors are perfectly neutral. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built (please don't forget to add a link to our challenge blog, thanks!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White