New Year’s 2021

I’m baaaack! I took a break for the holidays but did make and send out some New Year’s cards. They turned out so cute! I’m going to enter the Simon Says: Sparkle and Shine Wednesday Challenge.

2020 was a difficult year for everyone, so when I saw the free sign messages for Taylored Expressions Big Grumpy stamp, I had to use it! 


The background was made using the Taylored Expressions Party Popper Layering Stencil. I started by using Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo with the ribbon-type layer and letting it dry overnight. Next I cut a piece of gold Deco Foil, smoothed it over the dried transfer gel (which had dried to a clear sticky film), and ran it through my laminator. After removing the foil sheet I used Distress Oxide Black Soot ink with the second stencil layer. 

To make the Big Grumpys, I arranged several of the printed sign messages on one sheet using Google Docs, making sure I left enough room to stamp the image around each one.  After printing several sheets, I sprayed them with a fixative so the toner wouldn’t smear.  I then stamped them with Big Grumpy using MFT Extreme Black, colored them in using Copic markers, and cut them out using the coordinating die. 

I die cut balloons and the sentiment out of glossy black and metallic gold, cut small rectangles of a gray & gold plaid cardstock, and metallic gold mats. After putting it all together I attached them to black card bases.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White