Snowflake Layers

The Wednesday Simon Says challenge, Simon Says: Layer It Up, gave me a chance to use some of my newer dies. I decided to use the colors from the MFT Color Challenge 157 again so I could enter it in that challenge as well.


To begin, I cut a piece of white cardstock 2 7/8” x 4 7/8” and a piece of chocolate cardstock slightly larger.  Using Versamark ink, I stamped the white cardstock with my Hero Arts Snowflake Big Bold stamp and embossed it with Hero Arts Detail White embossing powder. I then blended on Distress Oxide Inks in Walnut Stain, Antique Linen, Stormy Sky, and Weathered Wood.

Next I used Kraft cardstock and cut 2 strips approximately 2 1/2” wide. I used a Simon Says Detail Petal die with my Cuttlebug on these and cut them so that I would have a strip that matched the height of my card base. I also cut a Detail Medallion from the Kraft cardstock using another Simon Says die. 

I put everything together on a chocolate color A6 Card base, then added some rhinestones and a sentiment strip. 


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White