Busy Weekend - Part 1

Last weekend I spent quite of time making cards (I also made a big batch of Chicken & Dumplings, yum!) and put all 6 on Instagram to enter in the various challenges. I’m just now getting around to posting here. Sorry! 

Card #1

I made this card for the Pinkfresh Studios JANUARY 2021 CHALLENGE - 2020 Challenge in Review. We were to make a card inspired by one of their posts from last year.

I chose this card, created by Carissa Wiley, from the September 2020 Pinkfresh challenge.


Pretty aren’t they? I love the ombré stripes.

I don’t have that die so I had to improvise. I do have the Pinkfresh slimline stripes dies and a set of rectangular dies that I thought I could use together to get the same look.

Since I decided to also use this card for the Lindy’s Color Challenge I used violet, deep blue, and soft gray for my color scheme. 

I began by taking an approx. 6” x 8” piece of white cardstock and blending on Distress Oxide inks in Shaded Lilac/Wilted Violet, Weathered Wood, and StormySky/Salty Ocean in 3 sections. For the violet and blue I ended up blending together 2 colors to get what I wanted after my 1st choice didn’t quite cut it. I wasn’t entirely happy with how the blending turned out, but not enough to do it over. 😏

Next, I cut this into strips and glued them diagonally on 4 1/4” x 6” piece of white cardstock, leaving a space in-between each strip, and trimmed off the excess around the outside. Using a rectangular die, I cut a hole in the middle.

I used that mat to figure out where I wanted my stamp to go, and stamped the flower design in Catherine Pooler Juniper Mist directly on the card base.

After die cutting 2 of the happy birthday sentiments, I glued them together and heat embossed them using Ranger Navy embossing powder.
I put it all together on an A6 white card base and added some blue pearls.


Card #2


For the MFT Color Challenge 158 I needed to use this color scheme:



I decided to use the black and gray in the background and pink and fuschia in the design. The photo didn’t get the colors quite right. It really is fuschia & pink, not orange & red!




I made an A6 black card base and cut a gray mat to fit. I used a daisy stamp set, embossed it in white, and colored it in with watercolor pens. 

Next I used my Cricut to cut 2 frames from fuschia cardstock, glued then together, and embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I then die cut the sentiment in gold.

After adding the frame using foam tape to raise it up a bit, I glued on the sentiment, and attached it to the black base. I decided to keep it nice & clean & so didn’t add any bling.

I also entered this in the Get Creative Challenges - Jan 2021.


Card #3

For the MFT Stamps Sketch Challenge - Sketch 526 I wanted to use my oval die set, but it’s on the small side. I decided to do kind of a double oval to make up for it, and instead of adding the little circles I’d use the Simon Says Spring Flowers background stamp which has circular-type flowers.

I remembered seeing a card where they embossed the stamp in gold, colored the flowers in a fuschia shaded to pink, and a black background. It was just stunning! So I wanted to use that color scheme.  Here’s what I finally came up with.



To begin, I cut 3 mats of, black, magenta, and white in decreasing sizes (for an A6 card). After stamping and embossing it in gold, I colored it in using Copic markers. This was a challenge! I just couldn’t get the blending on the flowers right, but it’s not bad, and is good practice!

Next I added some white dots using a uni Posca paint marker. Finally, I die cut 2 ovals from the center.

After die cutting the sentiment from gold cardstock, I put it all together on a white base. 



Thanks for stopping by! I’ll do the other 3 tomorrow. 

Sandy





 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White