Busy Weekend Part 2

 So, continuing...

Card #4 was for the  Altenew Flower of the Month Social Media Challenge (carnations) and the SugarPea Designs Mix It Up January challenge. I was also going to enter it in another challenge that called for a slimline card but didn’t get done in time.


Using the Altenew Carnation Outline Set, I stamped the main image 3 times on marker paper, with Versamark ink, and embossed them in gold. Next I colored them in using Copic markers and fussy cut them. 



On a piece of white cardstock, cut to 3” x 8”, I used the Simon Says Fractured stamp with a Catherine Pooler Rouge ink pad to create the background. I had to stamp it twice, lining it up as best I could. I glued on the carnations and added on the sentiment embossed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Candy Cane Red Gold. To finish, I attached some red rhinestones and a red mat before attaching it to the white slimline base.

I also entered this card in The House that Stamps Built - Anything Goes Challenge ~ J2021.


Card #5  was for the Simon Says: Let’s Be On Time challenge. For this one, since I didn’t have any time-related stamps, I purchased an SVG image off Etsy. I downloaded it into Cricut Design Space and created a white card front of 4” x 5-3/4”, with the clock image and a text sentiment. After printing it out on a laser printer, I added Deco Foil in gold and trimmed it to size.


Next, I used the shaving cream marbling technique with black and gray Brushos dissolved in a bit of water. The shaving cream will wipe right off the foil and only color the paper. This was the first time I’d tried this technique and I really like it! The tutorial from Erica on her blog
Honestly WTF was especially helpful.

Unfortunately, the black ended up looking more blue after diluting it in shaving cream. I’d intended to use a black card base, but switched gears and ended up using a dark blue/gray. I trimmed a bit of the edges off to give it a clean look and put it on a bit of silver cardstock.

After cutting a piece of vellum to 4 1/4” x 6”, I attached 4 narrow strips of gold cardstock and put the clock piece on top. I used a tape runner to attach it to the base. Unfortunately, the tape shows through. Meh! If I have time later I’ll cut a new piece of vellum and only put tape under clock mat so it doesn’t show.


I created Card #6 for the Lavinia World Challenges #45 - Anything Goes using stamps.



The background was created by blending on Distress Oxide inks in Weathered Wood, Cracked Pistachio, and Tumbled Glass and spritzing lightly with water. After this was dry I used a Taylored Expressions Play The Angle stencil and more Weathered Wood. Again,I went over the paper in all 3 colors and spritzed again. 

Once his was dry, I used torn paper and Stormy Sky Distress Oxide ink to create the hills. Next I added the skeleton trees by embossing in silver, and stamped on the hedgehogs using MFT Extreme Black. I used a black sharpie to help color over the tree trunks where the silver showed through the hedgehogs.

I then die cut a number of leafy corners from silver shimmer paper and cut them apart to glue around the edges. I stamped the sentiment, which is from the Power Poppy Chrysanthemum XL stamp set, using MFT Extreme Black, and added some rhinestones.

I put it on a black mat & gray A6 card base.

I also entered this in The House that Stamps Built - Anything Goes Challenge ~ J2021.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White