Floating Hearts

This card took a surprisingly long time to make. I made a number of them to send out and also to enter in the Simon Says: Love Is In The Air challenge.

I had some A7 Kraft card blanks & envelopes left from New Year’s and wanted to use them. Inspired by some cards from Simon Says I decided to use black print zentangle-type hearts and to zip it up a bit, foil and pop up the center one.

I found this heart on Etsy, perfect! After downloading it, I pulled it into Cricut Design Space and enlarged it so I could weld it. It needed to be welded so I could slice it. After resizing and flattening it, I duplicated it. 

This next part is what took so long, figuring out how to get all those hearts cut & fit onto a mat. I created a rectangle of 4 1/2” x 6 1/2” and arranged the hearts on top until I liked how they looked. One by one I put a heart on the rectangle in the space I wanted and sliced it.  Once all the hearts were sliced I added them to another rectangle and flattened it. I left off the center heart to cut separately.

I used print then cut, printing on Kraft cardstock. The rectangle sections I sprayed with sealer and trimmed to size. The individual hearts I cut into rough squares and foiled them in red using Heidi Swapp foil and a laminator. I cut them out by hand. 

Still using the Print Then Cut feature, I made the sentiment, flattened them, then duplicated it and print them on vellum.  I then foiled these and trimmed to size. 


To put it all together, I cut mats of red print paper and glued them to the Kraft mats. I added the center hearts using black foam dots, glued on the sentiments (only putting glue under the words and lightly along each right & left edges), and added the red pearls.

The inside verse was also printed on Kraft cardstock, foiled, and matted with plain red cardstock.

I’m also going to enter this card in The House That Stamps Built Theme Challenge F1021 ~ Love.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy




Comments

  1. This is beautiful inside and out! Love the colors and the foiling is fantastic!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant and beautiful, like your foiling! Glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built and hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty Valentine card - love the foiling. Talk about skills - I have never used a cutting program so I admire you to have the knowledge and patience to work this out. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that heart is wonderful. Thanks for sharing this over at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White