Flower Circle

For the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 529,


  
I didn’t get too creative. I basically copied this design on the challenge web site by Courtney Kroeber.




After stamping a 4” x 5-3/4” piece of white cardstock with the Altenew Tulips Outline stamp, I used my Cricut Maker to cut a 3” circle in it. From black cardstock, I also had it cut a 4-1/4” x 6” mat and the 2 pieces that went on either side of the circle. I then colored in the design on the 3” circle using Copic markers. 


Once the white mat was attached to the black mat, I lined up the design on the circle with that on the mat, and attached the circle with black foam dots. I glued on the black pieces and embossed the sentiment in black. The sentiment is from the Simon Says Anna’s Flowers set.


I decided the design on the circle, even though colored, was just a bit too dull, so I applied a layer of Glossy Accents just on the colored parts. It’s difficult to see here, but it’s all shiny now, which really makes it pop! After gluing it to an A6 white card base, I added some red rhinestones.




Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White