Lavender Roses

It was no contest as to what I would use for the Simon Says: Favorite Technique challenge: Trapped Embossed Resist. I just love the effect you get, and it makes a great background for so many other techniques and designs!


I have a rose print background stamp that I’ve had for a long time, but never used, so I pulled it out for this. After stamping it using Versamark ink and embossing it using a fine detail clear powder (Stampendous), I blended 5 different shades of purple Distress Oxide ink over the top & buffed it with a microfiber cloth.

Next I pulled out my Cuttlebug, and die cut the letter portion of the Simon Says “hugs” set, and 3 copies of a rose outline die (another one I’ve had for ages), from lavender cardstock. Then I cut the back part of the “hugs” and a stitched rectangle from white. 

I put it all together on an A6 white card blank and added some clear sequins.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White