Mixed Media Tag

This week’s Monday Simon Says challenge was “Anything But A Card”. The only other thing I really wanted to do is make a tag. The STAY CRAFTY WITH HERO CHALLENGE #20 was to incorporate a gift card holder. So, I decided to make a double-sided tag with a design on one side and a card holder on the other. I also have been wanting to try doing some mixed media, so that is how I came up with this.

I’m not going to go through all the steps it took, but just give some general information instead.

I didn’t have any tags, so I had to make them on my Cricut Maker. I cut 2 tags from 100 lb. Kraft cardstock. This way I could do each side & glue them together. I also cut the card holder at the same time.

The different techniques I used were: cutting with the Cricut Maker, stamping, modeling paste with stencil, die cutting, heat embossing, embossing with toilet paper, glazing with Glossy Accents, and coloring with Copic markers.

The stamps I used were: the Crackle & Reverse Crackle Simon Says stamps, the Lavinia Fern Heads stamp, a layering butterfly stamp, and a number of stamps from a corner flourish set. 

For inks I used: MFT Extreme Black, Distress Oxides in Mermaid Lagoon, Fired Brick, Brushed Corduroy, Ground Espresso, and Versamark ink. 

The embossing powders were: Stampendous Aged Scarlet, Lindy’s Groovy Granite, Lindy’s Carefree Verdigris, Lindy’s Don’t Scream Aquamarine, Distress Walnut Stain, Stampendous Fine Detail Black, and Stampendous Fine Detail Clear.

The cutting dies I used were: the Alexander Renke Circular Wreath, Kat Scrappiness Distressed Rectangles, The Ton Script Words, the butterfly that matched the layering stamps, a flower lace cutting die, and a set of 3D flower dies.

I also used a Kaisercraft Flourish embossing folder.

I can’t decide if it’s really cool, or a hot mess. After all that work, though, I think I’ll enter it in the The House That Stamps Built Anything Goes Challenge ~ F2421 as well!


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

  1. Great tag! And how fun that it is also a gift card holder! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White