Textured Flourish

The Simon Says: Add Some Texture challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to try using modeling paste like I’ve been wanting. When I went back to find some tutorials they were mostly using texture paste or embossing paste. I have no idea what the differences are, but I have the modeling paste so that’s what I used. This is one tutorial, by Paula Cheney, that I read.


I really like this flourish design, but I don’t have the stencil for it, so I had to get creative. I do have the Sizzix Mixed Media cutting dies, and one of those is a very similar flourish, although a corner design. I cut a piece of cardstock with that die twice, moving it the second time so I had better coverage for my card.

Taping a 4” x 5-3/4” piece of white cardstock to my media mat, I put another piece of tape across it to divide it into 2 parts, top & bottom. I taped my homemade stencil on the top part and spread the modeling paste across it, filling in the stencil. After removing the stencil and tape, I sprinkled some fine white glitter over the paste design & put it aside to dry.

Next, on another piece of white cardstock, I blended Distress Oxide inks in Stormy Sky and Twisted Citron in a tie-dye type pattern. I gave it a few minutes to dry, and then die cut 2 of the wildflowers from the Sizzix Wildflower #2 set, the Simon Says Sending Smile sentiment dies, and a 1/2” x 4” strip from it. After gluing these to the now-dry textured mat, I attached it to a white A6 card base with foam tape so it was raised.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White