Vintage Rays

For the MFT Stamps Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 527, I didn’t want to do sun rays like most probably would. Instead, I decided that a starburst card using blue papers would work well, and that I’d shift the center point to the left to make the focal point off center.


After choosing 4 different blue paper prints I cut 8”-radius quarter-circles from each and then cut those into narrow wedges. Taking a piece of cardstock 4” x 5-3/4” (this is an A6 card) I glued on the paper wedges, with the points all in the left bottom corner, beginning on the left side and then around with the sides touching. Once dry, I trimmed along the edges of the cardstock rectangle. Looking at what I had, I thought it looked like an old-fashioned quilt and decided to go with a vintage theme.




I cut an elongated quarter circle of white cardstock and then a slightly larger one of blue. I stamped a vintage bicycle on the white piece using Catherine Pooler Juniper Mist. Once dry, I blended over it using Distress Oxide Pumice Stone makingr it slightly darker at the edges.

Next I added some blue ribbon on which I hung a Happy Birthday tag and then glued both quarter-circles to the starburst over the ribbon. The edges appeared distracting to me, so I went around them with Distress Oxide Chipped Sapphire using a finger dauber. It needed something else, so I put some brads along the top. After attaching it to a beige mat, I put it on a blue card base.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White