Butterfly Glade

This is the sketch for the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 531.

The card I ended up making was inspired  by jillianavery8222 on Flicker.  I began by cutting an A6 red card blank and matching mat at 4 1/8” x 5 7/8”.  I also die cut 2 white rectangles using my stitched frame set. 

I blended Distress Oxide Forest Moss ink on the 2 rectangles, shading the edges darker than the middle. Next I stamped them each with ferns from a leaves set from MayMayStationary using Catherine Pooler Eucalyptus. 

The red mat I dusted with Brushos OST Red and lightly spritzed it with water, then once the powders began dissolving I blotted it with a paper towel. After drying, I then used the top layer stamp from the smallest butterfly in my layering butterfly stamp & die set, and stamped it randomly with Versamark ink and embossed it with Stampendous Antique Red. 

Next, I stamped 2 each of the larger layering butterfly on white cardstock using Catherine Pooler Rouge for the bottom stamp, then embossing with the antique red, and finally embossing with Stampendous Fine Detail Black with the top stamp. I cut them using the coordinating dies and blending more CP Rouge on the back. I wasn’t happy with the white edges, so I fussy cut them, then went around the edges using a black marker. 

I attached a green organza ribbon down the middle of the mat, then the 2 green rectangles. After taping the mat to the front of the card, I attached the butterflies, 2 black rhinestones, and then the sentiment strips. 

I love how this card turned out! I have to say it’s one of my favorites. The red embossing powder has gold flecks in it that just give it a rich, textured look.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White