Garden Blues

For the MFT Stamps Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 533, I decided to make a background using the sketch and pull out one of the Stampin Up Garden Collage stamps for the focal point. This is the sketch:


Here is the color palette I chose:

I cut a white card base from heavy weight cardstock and, after importing the sketch into Design Space, cut it from white medium weight cardstock. Using a music stamp and MFT Extreme Black ink, I stamped the sketch portion of the card front, then the bird stamp of the Garden Collage set on a piece of marker paper.



Using Distress Oxide Scattered Straw, Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky, Aged Mahogany, Ripe Persimmon, and Hickory Smoke, I blended them on the background portion of the card. I colored the Garden Collage with Copic markers, then after blending on Scattered Straw, I cut it using a stitched square die. I attached them to a black mat just 1/8” wider than the design, then to the card blank.

I cut the “Hello” sentiment using a Simon Says die, glued it on the front, and added some rhinestones.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White