Quilted Colors

The Altenew March Inspiration Challenge was a pretty picture of beads.

I had a lot of ideas, and was all set to use a tutorial by Jennifer McGuire, but then got my Altenew Pattern Play - Diamond stamp set in the mail. I’ve been looking forward to this like crazy. I simply love all the things you can do with it!



So, I changed my mind. and decided to use those jewel-tone colors with my new stamp.

First I heat-embossed it with Ranger Navy, then colored the diamonds partway using watercolor markers. I used a water brush to bring the color down into the uncolored sections, this gave me that shaded/ombré look. Once dry, I dotted the corners with a fine point white Posca paint pen.



I cut it down, added a navy blue mat, attached it to a white card base, and added a sentiment & some rhinestones. Done!




Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White