Spring Flowers in Blue & Yellow

When you think of springtime & the color blue, it can stand for rainy days or blue skies, so blue & yellow seemed a fitting palette for the Simon Says: Whatever the Weather challenge.


Could there be a better palette for spring? I think not!

I pulled out the Stampin’ Up Painted Harvest stamp set that I purchased used off eBay and stamped a flower in blues and one in yellows. The colors I used throughout were Hero Arts Soft Sky Shadow Ink, and Catherine Pooler It’s a Boy, Stone Blue, Limoncello, & Shea Butter inks.

Hint: if you’re just starting out this is a great way to build up your stamp & die stash. Most have been used very little, if at all, & you can find not only some great bargains, but some really cute sets that are discontinued. I’ve taken great advantage of this.

After stamping the flowers, I die cut them. I also die cut a scribble circle in yellow, and some leaves using scraps of an ombré blue paper that I also used for one of the mats. A larger mat in a darker blue and a smaller white mat were also cut. Using my Cricut Maker, I cut and scored a strip of blue and cut a strip of yellow lace.

I used modeling paste and a Taylored Expressions Play The Angle stencil on the white mat to add texture. Once dry, I put everything together with a small sentiment strip.





Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White