Watered Chrysanthemums

The colors for the MFT Color Challenge 161 are so pretty! With spring on the way, April showers & May Flowers came to mind, so bright cheery chrysanthemums with a watery background would fit the bill.


I embossed 2 Mondo Chrysanthemums in white on watercolor cardstock and used watercolor pencils to color them in using shades of pink, yellow, and orange. After using a water brush to activate the colors, I decided to make it brighter and added more color using watercolor pens. I added some aqua color around the outside of the flowers and blended it out using a water brush. 

Cutting it down, I then added it to a white mat to which I had glued a strip with a stamped aqua design left over from another project.  After adding it to a taupe card base, I added a small sentiment and some turquoise rhinestones. 




Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White