Agapanthus Sympathy

Not having any sympathy cards in my stash, I figured it would be a good idea to make one. I’ve always felt that clean designs are best for these cards, so the timing for the Simon Says: Clean And Simple challenge was excellent. I decided to use this card from Lauren Alarin for my inspiration, but to use my Hero Arts Agapanthus stamp & die set. 


This way, I could use the colors from the
MFT Color Challenge 163 and enter it, and then also enter it in the DRU Challenge #167 - Anything Goes since DRU carries Hero Arts products. Three challenges, one card! Woot!

First I stamped the images on marker cardstock and colored them using Copic Sketch markers. After cutting them out using the coordinating dies, I also cut strips of white cardstock using a Pinkfresh Studio die.

Once I had cut a piece of vellum larger than I would need, I attached the strips of white, and then trimmed the whole thing to size and attached it to a white card base. 

Next I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock using MFT Extreme Black, embossed it with clear powder, and then cut it out freehand. This is a technique recommended by Jennifer McGuire to avoid the mess black embossing powder can make. It works, but I feel the black embossing powder gives a crisper look so I will probably use both techniques depending on the application.


I added the flowers and sentiment to the card using foam dots. I added a couple swirls of black thread but since I wanted to keep it very clean, I didn’t add any sequins or rhinestones.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White