Deceptively Simple

I don’t have a lot of Lindy’s Stamp Gang products yet, just a number of embossing powders and 2 sets of the Magicals (Nantucket Pearls & Industrial Chic) but I really wanted to participate in this month’s challenge, Lindy’s Fun April Color Challenge. I want to win so I can buy more Lindy’s products, I love their stuff!

So, I took a chance on a wild idea. I was going to use the Cosmic Pink Blue embossing powder as a sort of resist with the Time Travel Teal Magicals powder. I’d then put it behind a die cut flourish as a background. 

After stamping a crackle design (Simon Says) on watercolor cardstock, I embossed it with the Cosmic Pink Blue. Once set, I sprinkled the Time Travel Teal powder over it and spritzed with water. I then used a water brush to move it around and fill in all the gaps. Epic fail. I don’t know what I was thinking but it looked AWFUL. 


How to save this monstrosity? Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad on a smaller scale, so I die cut it with the Simon Says “hugs” layered die set, die cut another in black to create a shadow, then the background in aqua. As a sentiment, not bad. I could make this work. After looking through my papers I found one that had a bit of the aqua/teal and a slight shimmer of pink to go with the embossing. I cut it as a background, added my sentiment, and glued on some opal sequins. 

It actually looks very pretty, but doesn’t exactly meet the challenge requirements. I’m going to enter it anyway since it’s done. Sigh. 

On the bright side, I did manage to save the card! I’ll also enter it in the Simon Says: Sending Hugs challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White